Tri-Luma Cream Offers New Hope To Melasma Sufferers
Melasma is commonly referred to as “the mask of pregnancy” since it occurs so frequently during pregnancy.
Although the actual etiology of melasma is unknown, it can be caused by a variety of things, including pregnancy, birth control pills, hormone therapy, cosmetics, and anti-seizure drugs.
Because ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun can enhance melanin formation, sun exposure is a significant melasma trigger.
Due to an overproduction of melanin, the pigment that naturally gives our skin, hair, and eyes their colors, melasma is a common skin ailment that manifests as brown to gray-brown areas of skin.
Although the neck and forearms can also grow, the face is where it typically manifests.
Melasma treatment choices are accessible for an assortment of skin types and tones, yet just your PCP can assist you with determining which treatment choice is ideal for your skin. On the off chance that you assume you have melasma, begin with Tri-Luma Cream.
What is the function of Tri-Luma Cream?
- Tri-Luma Cream operates through the combined effects of its ingredients.
- A steroid called fluocinolone inhibits the body’s ability to produce hormones, which are responsible for inflammation, itching, and redness.
- Tyrosinase, an enzyme that is necessary for the creation of the pigment melanin, is inhibited by hydroquinone.
- Skin pigmentation and melasma are caused by melanin.
- Tretinoin is a keratolytic derivative of vitamin A.
- It is in charge of removing melanin that has already been produced.
- Additionally, it possesses anti-inflammatory qualities.
Tri-Luma Cream Use Instructions
- Use it exactly as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. Tri Luma Cream may only be used externally.
- Before using, read the directions on the label or leaflet.
- Dry off and clean the application area.
- Before and following the use of Tri-Luma Cream, wash your hands.
- Apply a small amount of this medication to a healthy skin area that is free of sores and cuts.
- If this medication accidentally gets in your eyes, immediately rinse them out with water.
contact your doctor if,
- If you have an allergic reaction or an infection after using Tri-Luma Cream, Please call your doctor right away.
- You are putting the medication under folds of skin, on broken skin, or a broader region of skin.
- You have a skin illness of any kind.
- While receiving treatment, you do not perceive any improvement in your health.
- Contact your doctor right away if you see a blue-blackening of your skin.
- Avoid spending too much time in the sun.
- You are nursing a baby or are pregnant.
- Avoid getting any medication in your mouth, nose, open sores, armpits, or intimate areas.
- If this type of exposure occurs, thoroughly wash the affected area with water.
- Other than the conditions listed by the doctor, Tri-Luma Cream shouldn’t be used to treat any other conditions.
- Long-term use can cause adverse reactions like Cushing’s syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, and purple patches on the skin), as well as higher blood and urine sugar levels.
Medicines that interact with each other
Tri-Luma Cream is administered topically to the skin; therefore, there is a minimal chance that it will interfere with other oral medications. With other topically applied creams, lotions, and gels, though, it might interact. If you are using another topical gel or cream to treat a different medical problem, you should always talk to your doctor.
Keeping and getting rid of Tri-Luma Cream
- Tri Luma Cream 15gm should be kept in its original bottle and kept away from moisture, heat, and sunshine.
- Keep children and pets away from the medication.
- Avoid freezing it.
Over dosage of Tri Luma Cream
Overdose incidents are unlikely because Tri-Luma Cream is intended for external use. But if you accidentally eat something, call your doctor right away or go to the hospital that’s closest to you. If you accidentally apply too much, use tissue or cotton to remove the extra medication. It’s not a good idea to use too much for too long because it can cause hormonal problems.
Missed a Dose
Apply Tri Luma Cream as soon as you can if you missed the application window. Applying more cream than necessary won’t make up for the missing application.