In recent years, the use of biosensors in drug discovery has been on the rise, driven by several technological advancements and the growing demand for inexpensive and effective techniques for analyzing potential drug candidates
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Biosensors Market: Focus on Drug Discovery and Drug Development, 2022 – 2035” report to its list of offerings.
A number of drug developers are already using novel biosensors for various drug discovery applications to address the concerns associated with high rate of failures of drug development programs and requirement of high capital investments. As the adoption of biosensors, specifically for drug discovery, increases amongst innovators in the pharma and biopharma industry, lucrative opportunities are expected to be created for players engaged in the biosensors for drug discovery market.
Get Detailed Report: https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/global-biosensors-market.html
Key Market Insights
Currently, more than 80 biosensors are being developed by various stakeholders, across the world
Majority of the biosensors (64%) engaged in this domain are optical biosensors, followed by electrochemical biosensors (25%), quartz crystal microbalance biosensors (5%) and thermal biosensors (5%). Close to 95% of the biosensors are used for lead identification step in drug discovery. Further, 15% of the biosensors claim to support all the steps in drug discovery.
Over USD 1.2 billion invested in various domain focused initiatives, since 2018
Specifically, in 2021, industry players raised close to USD 600 billion. In addition, majority of the companies (66%) primarily received funding through venture capital rounds. Further, around 60% of the total funding instances were reported by players headquartered in the US.
In recent years, several global events related to biosensors in drug discovery were organized
Majority of the events related to biosensors in drug discovery were organized in Europe (45%). It is worth highlighting that the main agenda of these events was to discuss the development and challenges associated with the biosensors in drug discovery domain.
Request for Customization @ Biosensors Market is projected to grow at CAGR of 9% by 2035
370+ patents related to biosensors in drug discovery have been granted / filed between 2018-2022
R&D activity related to biosensors in drug discovery is largely concentrated in North America, considering the fact that 70% of the total number of patents were filed in this region. In addition, most of the patents in this domain are granted patents (55%), followed by patent applications (44%).
North America and Europe are anticipated to capture over 70% of the market share, by 2035
In addition, the market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a relatively faster pace (10%) in the long term. Further, in 2035, biosensors market for drug discovery applications for academic / research institutes is expected to capture the majority share (~60%) of the total market.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players engaged in the biosensors in drug discovery market?
- What is the relative competitiveness of different biosensors being developed for drug discovery applications?
- What are the key agenda items being discussed in various global events / conferences related to biosensors in drug discovery?
- What is the focus area of the ongoing research activity related to biosensors in drug discovery?
- How is the intellectual property landscape for biosensors in drug discovery likely to evolve in the foreseen future?
- What are the factors that are likely to influence the evolution of this market?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key segments?
Request for Sample: https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/Biosensors-therapeutics-technologies-and-services-market/request-sample.html
The financial opportunity within the Biosensors and taste assessment services and technologies market has been analyzed across the following segments:
Type of Biosensor
Type of End User
- Academic / Research Institutes
- Industry Players
Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of the World
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, continuous growth of biosensors market for drug discovery applications is primarily driven by the increasing adoption for such products. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Bill Rader (Chief Executive Officer, Efferent Labs)
- Anne Marie Quinn (Chief Executive Officer, Montana Molecular)
- Laurent Sabbagh (Associate Director and Head of Biology, Domain Therapeutics)
The research includes profiles of key players (listed below); each profile features a brief overview of the company, details related to its biosensor product portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- Agilent Technologies
- Axion Biosciences
- Dynamic Biosensors
- Malvern Panalytical
- Tempo Bioscience
Inquiry before Purchasing: https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/global-biosensors-market/ask-question.html
Scope of the Report
The “Biosensors Market: Focus on Drug Discovery and Development – Distribution by Type of Biosensor (Optical, Electrochemical, Thermal and Others), Type of End User (Academic and Research Institutes and Industry Players) and Key Geographies (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and North Africa, and Rest of the World) – Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035” report features an extensive study of the current market landscape and future potential of biosensors in drug discovery, over the next 13 years. The study features an in-depth analysis of key drivers and trends related to this domain. The table below highlights market segmentation done in the report.
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of biosensors in drug discovery, along with information on several relevant parameters, such as type of biosensor (optical biosensors, electrochemical biosensors, quartz crystal microbalance biosensors, thermal biosensors and magneto-electric biosensors), bioreceptor used (cells, proteins, lipids, enzymes, antibodies and undisclosed), drug discovery step(s) supported (disease modelling, target identification / validation, lead identification, lead optimization, and drug discovery (unspecified)), other applications (ADME assays, toxicity assays, cytotoxicity assays, cell analysis, drug characterization / validation assays and other assays), type of analyte analyzed (small molecules, cell / tissues, protein / peptides, antibodies, nucleotides, viruses, blood products, enzymes, biologics (unspecified) and others), type of carrier plate format (microplate-based sensor, flow through the sensor, chip-based static array sensor, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) format plates-based sensor and undisclosed), sample capacity (less than 96, 96 to 384, 385 to 1536, more than 1536 and undisclosed), sample volume (1 to 50µl, 51 to 100 µl, 101 to 200 µl, more than 200 µl and undisclosed), type of detection (label-free and real-time) and type of system (automatic, semi-automatic and undisclosed). In addition, the chapter features analysis related to biosensor developers based on multiple parameters, such as their year of establishment, company size, location of headquarters and leading players (in terms of number of biosensors developed).
- A product competitiveness analysis of biosensors used for drug discovery purposes based on various relevant parameters, namely supplier power (in terms of the experience of the developer) and product competitiveness (in terms of type of biosensor, bioreceptor used, drug discovery step(s) supported, other application(s), type of analyte(s) analyzed, type of carrier plate, sample capacity, type of detection, and type of system used).
- Elaborate profiles of prominent players developing biosensors for drug discovery applications. Each profile features a brief overview of the company, details related to its product portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An elaborate brand positioning analysis of leading industry players (shortlisted on the basis of year of establishment, number of biosensors developed and company size), highlighting the current perceptions regarding their proprietary brands, across biosensors in drug discovery.
- An analysis of investments that have been made into companies developing biosensors for drug discovery applications, including seed financing, venture capital financing, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings, grants and debt financing. The investment instances have been analyzed based on various relevant parameters, such as year of investment, amount invested, type of funding, most active players (in terms of number of funding instances) and type of investor.